Wednesday, December 4, 2013

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Take-off !!!



My journey starts in Hong Kong. A long and exciting day was about to begin at the takeoff of my air Canada flight. I was on a fourteen and a half hour flight. There was not much to do during the flight, luckily, there were some movies I wanted to see. I watched Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters twice because it was really cool. I also watched the Adams family and Jaws. 

I flew over the North pole!
Three meals, two naps and a billion snacks later the flight had finally ended and the real adventure was about to start! My hotel in Hong Kong was on Nathan St, in the heart of Kowloon. While exploring the city I noticed people lined up outside this little restaurant called Australian Dairy. I decided to go in and try the food there. The eggs were really yummy and the milk was very creamy. This milk was one of the city's special unique things. 


Every day was different, going to the market, taking the subway to the pier or visiting the art museum. Hong Kong was really unique. There are lights all around the city and large crowds of people. Besides shopping, taking the subway was one of my favorite things to do in Hong Kong! I liked the subway because you could go anywhere from where ever you are! 

Whenever I travel I like to find the normal things that are different in other countries. If you have ever been to Mc Donalds in North America you'd know that they don't sell Teriyaki chicken on rice, well in Hong Kong they do! 711, has Mochi ice cream, hot water dispensers especially for instant noodles, and a mash potato dispenser! If you didn't know, Mochi ice cream is a small ball of ice cream covered with a sweet layer of sticky gum paste thing called Mochi.

Since Hong Kong is very polluted, germs are a big concern there. To prevent the spread of germs a lot of locals wear doctor masks!

Ocean park is one of the big attractions there, it's like Canada's Wonderland but half aquarium. 

I'll post soon so bye for now! :)

~ A Really Cool Canadian :D

No comments:

Post a Comment