Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Siem reap
To start my trip to Siem reap, Cambodia I took a 4 hour plane ride to the Siem reap international airport. This was the smallest airport I've ever seen! there was only 1 luggage conveyor-belt and the security was the same size as my dining room. The tiny airport still got me to Cambodia and I continued my journey in a small white 7 seater van going to our hotel. Before I arrived at the hotel I was looking out the window and noticed a lot of families on motorcycles. Most of the time it would be the husband/father (with a helmet) driving, the wife/mother holding 2 kids that are standing up on the motorcycle without helmets. But it wasn’t only motorcycles on the road, I saw a couple of Tuctucs. They're motorcycles with a cart on wheels attached to the back. I also saw a lot of homeless naked children, they did not seem to mind that they were nude or without a house. After we dropped off all of the luggage at the room we asked our personal tuctuc driver to bring us out to town. There, we got a bite to eat at a local KFC (because that was the only thing that we were familiar with), then while we were looking around outside a little girl who looked more or less homeless with a baby asked begged us to buy milk for the baby. We couldn’t get the milk for the baby because we had heard that they are there on the street to scam tourist for money and if you give them money then it encourages them to keep on begging on the street instead of going to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment