Thursday, February 27, 2014

Simaya vs Wild


Hello!!! Today on Simaya vs Wild I went on a
wild adventure through the wild! (The Sandiaoling hiking trail just outside of Taipei city).

First thing in the morning after having the hotel breakfast,  my family and I hopped onto the train that would take us to the starting point of the hiking trail. On this very long train ride of 1 hour I learned from my dad about relativity and the speed of light! It's really cool but I don't remember it all.

Once we arrived at our destination we went looking for the hiking trail. We read that the trail begins at an elementary school.  We thought that the path would be past the school but we were wrong. At first it seemed that we were going in the right direction because of the flags that lead the way. I walked up a lot of stairs and travelled  through some, not very travelled paths.  We realized we took a wrong turn from the beginning!

While following the trail that I thought was the right one, I found a couple of large jars. At first I had no idea what it was but I soon figured out that the jars may have contained cremated people as this was a grave yard! Beside many of these jars were tomb stones! Where there are tomb stones, there are dead bodies! That means that I could have accidentally stepped on someone!




After venturing off into the wild and back we found the real hiking trail and so we followed that trail. The right trail was behind the school not past it and it took me and my family around an hour to get back on track! On the path, my siblings and I met an older lady that had been hiking for 2 hours.  She told us that it's an hour hike to the first waterfall and 30mins to the next water fall, then a very tall ladder is right after the second waterfall, and the last waterfall is not too far after that. As she was talking to me and my siblings she noticed that my dad's knee was causing him a bit of pain.  She told us that she thinks that he wouldn't make the whole hike so she went over to my dad and started to rub his knee while saying something in Mandarin.  There's always a first for everything!

Simaya vs Wild:  The First Adventure (Ep 1) - This is the first of many Simaya vs Wild episodes. Today on Simaya vs Wild, I'm going in to the real wild somewhere in the wild South-East Asia (A hiking trail just outside of Taipei city)! Click the link below to se me venture off into the wild, get completely lost, find my way back and see Simaya vs Wild special : Dangerous Dangers!

Simaya vs Wild: The First Adventure (Ep 1)




Later near the end of the hike we got lost again!  The trail lead to a small quiet village like I've never seen before.  I asked some locals which way is to the Shifen train station.  He told me to follow a road and that would lead me to the train and the train would take me to Pingxi (Pingxi is a very small area in which at night you can light sky lanterns and watch it fly). I walked for about 10 mins and then I saw a little shuttle bus go in the opposite direction. At first I didn't think that the bus was going to turn around so I was going to keep walking. Luckily this older man came out of his house and told us to wait at the bus-stop. Then I ran back as fast as I could and then the bus stopped at an abandoned looking bus-stop to pick us up. The bus driver told us that this was a free shuttle to wherever we want to go.  He took us all the way to Pingxi, our final destination.

After exploring this very small area, we got to the sky lanterns! We chose the sky lantern colour and then we painted our wishes on it.  I also painted the Canadian flag because I'm proud to be Canadian!

Click the link below to watch a video of when I launched my sky lantern.

Our Sky Lanterns at Pingxi 

I'll post soon so bye for now! :)

~ A Really Cool Canadian :D

No comments:

Post a Comment