
Once I left the airline I found the bus that would take us to our hotel. The bus was like a coach bus with curtains and suspended TVs. The 45 minute bus ride to the Cosmos Hotel didn't seem that long because of the cool local shows that were on TV.
After I settled in, my family and I went out to explore the area. I found this night market called Ximending. I really liked Ximending. It's known to be a very popular night market for teens. Ximending was my favourite place to go after a full day of exploration because there is always something to do. There are a lot of shops that look interesting, like a little DIY cake decorating shop or a clothes store with a different style from one in North America! You would also see little restaurants serving local food.
When I ate at one of the authentic restaurants the menu was completely in Manderin. There were no pictures on the menu and of course I don't speak or read Mandarin. Since we needed help to order, I asked two people that were sitting at the table next to us to help me order. These two guys are originally from Malaysia and they had come to Taipei to study computer science for one of their university courses.
The next night at the Ximending night market I met a girl who worked at a clothing store called Fifty Percent. Though she didn't speak English and I don't speak Mandarin, she still tried to help me. I didn't catch her name but we did take a picture together. We both liked each other's style in clothing. Her style is very anime-like and my style is more North American. It was very different for both of us.
One day when I was going to the National Palace Museum my family and I met 3 medical students. They are from Denmark and are in Taipei to study in the hospitaland to travel. They told us that this was their first time traveling together and they have studied in many places like Canada, USA, Denmark (of course) and Taipei!
One day when I was going to the National Palace Museum my family and I met 3 medical students. They are from Denmark and are in Taipei to study in the hospitaland to travel. They told us that this was their first time traveling together and they have studied in many places like Canada, USA, Denmark (of course) and Taipei!
The last of all the people we met were high school students from the Ruifang train station going back to the Taipei after our long hike in Sandiaoling.
While my family and I waited for the train to arrive, a group of teenagers (mostly girls) were looking at me and my siblings and then giggled. Apparently, they thought Ethan was cute and they wanted a picture with Ethan, me and Kira! After taking lots of pictures, we got to know one another a bit more. They are all in their last year of high school and they were just going home now from school. I was shocked because it was almost 8:30PM and they were just getting back from school. One of the girls, Angel told me that school starts at 6:00 am and ends at 7pm and they get home at around 9:30! Once we got to our stop we had to say goodbye and then we left with yet another interesting experience!
While my family and I waited for the train to arrive, a group of teenagers (mostly girls) were looking at me and my siblings and then giggled. Apparently, they thought Ethan was cute and they wanted a picture with Ethan, me and Kira! After taking lots of pictures, we got to know one another a bit more. They are all in their last year of high school and they were just going home now from school. I was shocked because it was almost 8:30PM and they were just getting back from school. One of the girls, Angel told me that school starts at 6:00 am and ends at 7pm and they get home at around 9:30! Once we got to our stop we had to say goodbye and then we left with yet another interesting experience!
One of the best things to do in Taipei is shopping because the style is so different from Canada. Taipei has a lot of Japanese influence and that's why the style is so different!
I'll post soon so bye for now!
~ A really cool Canadian :D
No comments:
Post a Comment